9 tools I use to run my business [DATAcated]
Advancements in technology is the #1 reason that I don’t have a need for a large team (or any team really) for the work I do at DATAcated. The tools I’ll include below are great for content creators in any niche — not just data analytics.
Here are the tools that help me run my business:
- Descript — all-in-one audio & video editing, as easy as a doc. Thanks to Scott Taylor for introducing me to the software. It has literally changed my life! It let’s you add an mp4 / mp3 file and automatically provides amazing quality transcripts that you can edit as a document that ends up editing the VIDEO directly — and very smoothly. I use this for editing my YouTube videos, courses, and social media videos -. It even let’s you improve your SOUND quality with a click of a button, remove filler-words, and shorten word gaps — check it out here
- Circle — a community platform for creators & brands; bring together engaging discussions, members, live streams, chat, events, and memberships — all in one place, all under your own brand. I host the DATAcated Circle here — which includes a community, discussion board, and access to data visualization, storytelling, and dashboarding courses — check it out here
- ConvertKit — the go-to marketing platform for creators. I use this for all of my email management & automation. Additionally I use this for all registration pages for DATAcated Shows & conferences, and landing pages for lead magnets like the DATAcated Tools Guide — check it out here
- Canva — a design tool that is just super easy and intuitive. I think it has all you need to create amazing content. I use this to design all of my social media posts, background remover, videos, documents, and basically ANY visual content- check it out here
- StreamYard — a live streaming studio in your browser. Interview guests, brand your broadcast, and much more. Stream directly to Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other platforms — I use this for ALL of my streaming needs — DATAcated Shows, conferences, and fun random live sessions — check it out here
- WebFlow — let’s you create, collaborate on, and scale beautiful websites in a completely visual canvas — no coding needed. I think if I can do this, anyone can! I use it to host DATAcated.com and build pages in minutes with their easy to use drag-and-drop customizable features. I used to use WordPress + GoDaddy and think this is way simpler to manage — check it out here
- AddEvent — they make it easy to share your events and calendars using their add-to-calendar buttons, embeddable widgets, RSVP, and subscriber tools. I use this to add a ‘add to calendar’ button into my ConvertKit confirmation emails for all events — check it out here
- Teachable — transform your knowledge into a thriving business with the best online course platform for creators everywhere. Create and sell online courses AND coaching. I used Teachable to host the courses (DATAcated Academy) prior to moving them over to the DATAcated Circle platform. I think it’s a very easy to use platform for hosting an academy. check it out here
- ShieldApp — they provide stats and analytics for your personal brand on LinkedIn. I use this to understand who’s consuming my content with audience demographics. It also makes it easy for me to actually FIND the content I posted a few months ago, or even longer — check it out here
Which tools do you use for your work / business?